Friday, July 1, 2011

Dadus Domesticus

After fifteen years of full-time work, I suddenly found myself a stay-at-home dad. Some economy, huh? So while the wife bravely ventures forth into the workplace, I find myself in a situation that none of my previous experience could have prepared me for: caring for an energetic five-year-old and keeping house.

And the truth of the matter is this: I'm no domestic maven. I'm just a man who has taken as many lessons from the caretakers in his life (thanks for the recipes, Mom!) as possible. In fact, I'd be just as happy to get advice from you out there as I would be to share my own! So drop me a line if you have any really sweet tips, and I will share them here. Recipes, cleaning advice, diversions for those rare slow moments - it's all good.

Stick around to see if I survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment