Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Super Savin'

Not that I've been paying any attention to the whole couponing craze, but as of late I HAVE been paying more attention to sneaky sneaky ways of saving a few ducats here and there.

Most recently the issue came up of a few of my cooking implements having not been packed, thereby leaving me to have to cut a tomato with a butter knife.

A butter knife.

It was horrible. Thus, it was incumbent upon me to make a trip down to Penney's to but some temporary replacements until my shiny Wusthof's could be UPS'd up to the WA.

So there I was, all piled with knives and cutting boards and spatulas, when I saw that not only was there to be a sale the following weekend, but also that after purchase, if you take a survey, you get 15% off of everything all day.

Hmmm...

So what did I do? I purchased the cheapest item (Kitchenaid spatula for $7), an then took the receipt home, did the survey, printed out my coupon, and then waited for the weekend.

Come sale day I picked my items back out, presented the coupon to the clerk, and after all was said and done I experienced the following results:

Original Purchase Price: $70
Savings: $38
Total Price After Savings: A paltry $32

Can you beat it with a stick? No you cannot. And to top it all off in another thrity days I can take another survey, and save another 15% later on!

It almost makes a fella want to start clipping coupons...

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I didn't know about this blog! I am a terrible friend, and this is a great blog.

    ReplyDelete